The third and final level in the matwork Pilates training series which focuses on the intermediate and advanced movements in the APPI repertoire.
This two day course builds upon the movements, understanding, cueing and exercise selection from Matwork Level One. The conversion from beginner to more advanced movements will facilitate the unique shift from just stability to strength and conditioning. This progression from rehabilitation to full health and fitness is a crucial process to achieve your clients' goals of a full recovery.
Beyond just rehabilitation, the APPI Pilates programme is a career changing process. This final course in the series allows you to be competent in working not just with injured clients, but to begin the transition to fitness classes, preventative programmes, and a new career avenue as a fully trained Pilates Instructor (on completion of the Matwork exam).
- Effective cueing skills including verbal, visual and tactile teaching elements, pain, pathology and function.
- Thirty movements for training lumbo-pelvic, scapulo-thoracic, cervical stabilization and spinal mobilisation.
- Strengthening of the global muscular system
- Practice teaching and observation
- Review case studies, design and discuss treatment plans.
In order to attend this course you must have completed APPI Pilates Matwork Level One and Two. Please allow a gap of at least 3 months between each level.
Attaining certification as an APPI Rehabilitation Pilates Matwork Instructor requires completion of all three Matwork courses, pre-course requirements, hours of observation, self practice, practice teaching and the certification exam (to be completed after Matwork level three).
Before attendance of this course we would recommend that you:
- Read the recommended reading articles view here
- Attend some Pilates classes to refresh your teaching
- View the APPI Advanced Level Matwork DVD
- Watch two deep neck flexor workshop videos by clicking here & here
If your course will be funded by your employer or a 3rd party, please download the following 3rd party enrolment form and return to us via email@example.com
3rd Party Enrolment Form