APPI USA COURSE ATTENDEES ONLY
Pilates for Rehabilitation Professionals
We are delighted to announce that you can now complete your full certification with APPI in America! See below for information on our foundation course Pilates for Rehabilitation Professionals - Matwork Level 1.
One of the world's most popular Pilates training programs! APPI Pilates teaches you a fully integrated Matwork Pilates program that can be used in any clinical setting, without the need for specialized equipment. This highly popular matwork training series, currently run throughout Australia and Europe, is dedicated to detailed and accurate Pilates teaching.
Based on the most up to date evidence of spinal stability, pelvic stability, strength and conditioning and pain—this is the essential Pilates training tool for all health professionals. The APPI have analyzed all 34 traditional Matwork exercises, and broken them down into a step-by-step guide from day 1 Pain, right through to elite level sport. Most importantly, every stage has a clinical reason as to why you would choose that exercise for your client.
- Participate in a practice session to experience the beginner level of APPI Pilates
- Outline the 8 principles of Pilates
- Develop a sound foundation of the Pilates key elements
- Discuss the relevant scientific evidence for the APPI Method
- Examine the beginner levels of the static and dynamic APPI Pilates exercises
- Assess how to incorporate visual imagery into your teaching
- Identify how to analyze lumbar and pelvic instabilities
- Directly link current segmental stabilization and pelvic stability research to Pilates matwork movements
- Learn a range of matwork movements for lumbopelvic, scapulothoracic stabilization, sports rehabilitation and ante and post natal stabilization training
- Develop astute cueing and communication skills to optimize learning
- Participate in a practice session to experience the intermediate level of APPI Pilates
- Identify how to analyze and assess the deep neck flexor muscles
- Examine the 9 contraindicated Pilates exercises and why they are dangerous
- Perform the beginner level rotary stability exercises
- Outline the 5 stage Rehabilitation Model
- Discuss how to design clinically reasoned programs for clients with pain
Physical Therapists/Physical Therapist Assistants
This course is currently approved for 13 continued education hours in the following locations:
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Hawaii, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, South Dakota.
Approval pending for: District of Columbia.
Please note that due to the changing nature of state continuing education requirements, APPI suggests that you contact your state physical therapy association or licensing board for the most current information on continuing education and other rules and regulations. Athletic Trainers:
APPI is Board of Certification, Inc., (BOC) Approved Provider. This course has been approved for 13 continued education hours for Athletic Trainers. BOC Approved Provider number P10086.
If you require accreditation through another governing body or within another state, or require any further information, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
** PLEASE NOTE: DATE FORMAT IS DAY/MONTH/YEAR **
Full details of our current courses can be found on the right hand side of this page.
APPI have REDUCED your payment price to cover the cost of your international transaction fee.
Here is a breakdown of your course price (using current conversion rates):
- Normal course price = $425.00 (£332.00)
- Special discounted rate = $409.00 (£320.00)
- The price you pay? = Approx $425.00 (£320.00 + International transaction fee)
If you have any questions about how this price is calculated then please contact email@example.com
and we will be happy to provide you with more information.
Payment by Check in USD ($)
If you would like to pay for this course in USD ($) by check, please download and fill in the course enrolment form and send it, along with your check payment to:
Global Healthcare Education
625 Bakers Bridge Avenue
Enrolment forms and payment must be received in advance of the course. Confirmation will be sent via email once payment is received.
Group BookingBook for 3 people or more on the same course and receive a 15% discount. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for all group bookings.
The complete address and location of your course will be provided in a confirmation letter that will be emailed to you at least 3 weeks before the course.
This course is open to:
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
- Personal Trainers
- Certified Pilates Instructors
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
'I loved this course. I will be able to apply the information immediately to to my clinical practice. It is great that it is sculpted to help the average physical therapy patient.' MW1 - Palo Alto, CA Apr 2017
'One of more informative courses I've taken in my 22years of practice as it relates to relative and practical strategies that can be brought back to the clinic .' MW1 - Palo Alto, CA Apr 2017
'I cannot quantitate the amount I learned but I can predict that every future patient I have will benefit from the knowledge I gained in the past 2 days.' MW1 - Fort Worth, Mar 2017
'I learned so much in this course. It made me rethink how I have been approaching my treatment of patient, particularly those with low back pain.'MW1 - Fort Worth, Mar 2017
'I enjoyed the continuous focus on clinical reasoning, ways to change exercises for certain compensation patterns, and research base behind the development of the exercises for a patient level.' MW1 - Minneapolis, Mar 2017